Head of PR and Media Relations
Seeking a talented technology public relations specialist with exceptional media relations skills to join our marketing team. In this role you will support company objectives to promote ThreatMetrix as the leader in their field. Responsible for overseeing direct communications to the media, driving quality press coverage and managing relationships with media. Looking for an exceptional story-teller who will convey the key brand stories and our rich data insights in a creative way. Experience in driving coverage in technology publications and business publications is required.
- Strategy - Help formulate communication and media relations strategy to gain high-visibility placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Media relations - Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within media as well as manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Content creation - Write press releases, byline articles, presentations, interview talking points and related content.
- Thought leadership - Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness, establish C-Suite as thought leaders and expert source through bi-lined articles, interviews and speaking engagements.
- Monitor - Track traditional media coverage and social media mentions and communicate results to team.
- Research - Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and research to identify publicity opportunities as they emerge
We are a pre-IPO security company based in the heart of the Silicon Valley. We are profitable, fast-growing with a dynamic culture. Thousands of customers across the globe contribute two billion transactions to our real-time network each month. As a leader in our industry, ThreatMetrix’s customers include many of the largest global banks, household name retailers, and the most popular on-demand services such as ride-sharing and subscription TV and movie streaming. Using a broad array of tecnnologies, we help our customers recognize their trusted users and flag individuals, devices, and networks committing crime on the Internet.
- Extensive experience with pitching and media outreach
- Must have already established relationships with both local and national reporters.
- Working knowledge of the technology/cybersecurity/SaaS space
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Proven success in placing quality coverage in target publications
- Experience with pre-IPO stage companies strongly preferred