Sr. Data Analyst
We're looking for someone who loves digging into data, building models, testing those models, and driving recommendations to internal and external audiences.
You must have the ability to balance multiple priorities, deep analytical rigor, and excellent communication skills that can be tailored to cross-functional audiences at every level. You will deliver results and showcase attention to detail. As a Sr. Data Analyst you will be on our Professional Services Team. You’ll work closely with the Technical Account Managers, Customer Support, and Technical Project Managers to transform insights from large data sets into actionable policy recommendations that guard billions of dollars.
We are a pre-IPO security company with thousands of customers contributing over a billion high-risk transaction details to our real time network each month. As a leader in our industry, ThreatMetrix’s customers include global banks, household name retailers, and the most popular on-demand services such as ride-sharing and subscription TV and movie streaming. Using a broad array of technologies, we help our customers recognize their trusted users and flag individuals, devices, and networks committing crime on the Internet.
- Synthesize business problems, define hypothesis and test model changes to confirm positive/negative impact
- Develop and present data and insightful analytics to business leaders
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements based on data
- Prepare documents and materials for leadership/customer meetings, reviewing results and modeling different options
- 5+ years experience using data analysis and modeling in the technology industry, especially with large consumer-generated data sets
- PostgreSQL experience required. Python & R experience preferred
- Advanced skills with manipulating large data sets for feature discovery and predictive modeling exercises
- Experience in creating presentations to communicate strategy to non-technical persons, as well as building curated datasets to be shared with customer policy managers and decision science teams
- Certification on any reporting/data visualization is a plus (e.g., Tableau)
- Knowledgeable of the fraud or security industry
- Bachelor degree with strong academic performance; preferably data, computer science or engineering
- Capable of providing a support role in design sessions with a client