Solutions Consultant (Presales)
At ThreatMetrix, Solutions Consultants architect and present world-class solutions utilizing the company’s innovative product and extensive experience. The SC works closely with potential and existing customers to understand their business problems in order to mitigate or solve them using ThreatMetrix’s family of products and services. These outputs and the SC’s individual expertise supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex organizations. The SC collaborates with Sales, Operations, and Engineering to ensure proposed solutions accurately address customer needs, are aligned with the functionality of the ThreatMetrix family of products, and are measurable by key customer performance metrics.
- Provide pre-contractual solution consulting – both virtually and in person - with prospects, partners, and existing customers considering additional ThreatMetrix solutions.
- Guide customers through proposed solutions, including technical demonstration of ThreatMetrix products, detailed technical and business process diagram walkthroughs, and high level professional services engagement plans.
- Assist Sales through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and detailed statements of work (SoW).
- Measure and present return-on-investment estimates and actuals based on key performance metrics to secure new and renewal business.
- Accurately scope, estimate, and communicate the professional services components related to designing, implementing, and maintaining customer solutions.
- Overcome technical, security, and privacy objections to a solution by utilizing your own expertise and internal escalation paths.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all products in the ThreatMetrix product line for prospects, existing customers, and internal team members – in this capacity, you will be expected to help answer Request for Proposals.
- Create relationships with key decision makers and serve as external technical spokesperson.
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the security industry to stay aware of trends, issues and competition.
New York, NY, San Jose, CA, and Toronto, ON
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,500 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.
- At least 4 years experience in the financial institution security, risk or authentication space. ATO, IDV, OFAC, AML, and MitM are familiar acronyms to you.
- Prior experience in sales, presales or implementation of software solutions, ideally in a similar solution area.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts or solutions appropriately to technical teams, executive stakeholders, and business stakeholders.
- Analytics experience; math majors not required, but our customers and prospects employ some of the brightest minds in data science that will ultimately validate solutions you propose.
- Deep understanding of Security RFPs.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial approach and problem solving to build solutions.
- Deep understanding of the OSI model, especially as it pertains to HTTP, TCP, and SSL.